Site Last Updated:
November 30, 2008
During My Second
September 3, 2007 -
March 6, 2008
April 26, 2006 - May 15,
Back in San Francisco...
Even though I'm done with my trip, I've decided to keep this website up
both for my reference and for other people who are doing similar types of
Now that I've been back home, I have to say that San Francisco still
remains my #1 city in the world. And for that reason, I'm going to have a
running list of the things I adore about this city!
- Never taking for granted how beautiful the Golden Gate Bridge is.
- How cute the cable cars are and how fun it is just to flash my Muni pass and hop on with
all of the tourists.
- Being able to find any ethnicity of food I may be craving!
- The Ferry Plaza Farmer's Market.
- Dinner parties with friends.
- Playing frisbee on the Marina Green.
- Having warm and sunny weather during the last weekend of November.
- Feeling like you are in a completely different world just by changing-up the neighborhood
you are in.
- Being able to do a bit of bargaining in Chinatown.
- The different experiences one can have riding the different Muni lines.
- Different vantage points to get amazing views of SF's skyline.
- The Victorian houses.
- The pretty lights on the trees down Fillmore Street and Union Street.
- Going on walks with friends and always seeing something new.
- Being so close to the wine country.
- Running into friends during the week in the Financial District.
- Trying new restaurants and bars.
- Meeting up with friends after work for drinks.
- Not needing to have a car.
- The abundance of English and French bulldogs roaming the streets.
- Picnicking in Alamo Square park.
- Being able to go to a beach on a beautiful day (of course, with the rest of SF...but that's
- The different races and walks that take place in the City throughout the year.
- Never knowing what protest/street festival/parade you might stumble upon.
- Having spontaneous 'Sunday Fun-days' that start with one mimosa on a nice day out...and
then go many, many more rounds.
- Not needing a car at all.
- Being in such a melting pot of a city. Sometimes I feel like everybody is represented here.
- Waking up to the fog horns.
- Walking around Union Square during the holidays.
- The Russian bakeries in the Richmond and the Italian bakeries in North Beach.
- Dim sum.
- Going on runs/walks across the Golden Gate Bridge.
- Sitting on the edge of the Marina either alone or with friends.
- Urban hiking.
- Going to Marin and actually hiking along real trails.
Picture locations: Top Row: Hydra (Greece), Borobudur (Java, Indonesia), Kashmiri Wedding (India), Great Wall of China, Pyramids at Giza (Egypt), Shanghai (China),
Li River (China), Iguazu Falls (Argentina), Macchu Picchu (Peru). Middle Row: Antarctica, Wolong National Reserve (China), Bako National Park (Borneo), Taj Mahal
(India), Uyuni Salt Flats (Bolivia), Trans-Siberian Railroad (Russia). Bottom Row: Dubrovnik (Croatia), Burj-al-Arab in Dubai (UAE), Sahara Desert (Morocco), Matterhorn
(Switzerland), Ubud (Bali, Indonesia), Wadi Rum Desert (Jordan), Fushimi Inari Shrine (Kyoto, Japan), Guinness Storehouse (Ireland), Hammamet (Tunisia).